Thursday, October 30, 2008

Some Things Fishy

Our cousins in KY just sent these pictures of us a few weeks ago. We were fishing one afternoon off the walls & bulkheads down the shore.
This was the first time I tried fishing and actually CAUGHT fish! Funny considering all the times I went crabbing as a kid! Not to mention, all the fish Shawn and the kids have caught over the years! Anyway, I think we were catching white perch. This was my FIRST FISH EVER. It was teeny tiny, but my sweetheart uncle filleted him anyway. :-)
I also caught tree branches, rocks, oyster shells, and came very close to hooking Dylan a few times! Poor boy... he knows what it feels like to get stuck by a hook... so he was very SCARED of me!
Our cousin John Jr. helping me get my first fish off the hook. There were spiky things on top the fish you had to watch out for. I ended up just using a glove to get the other fish off.
A picture of the "professionals" in sunset color! Time flew by. What started off as just a quick stop to pick up some chairs, turned out to be hours of fun with the family. I LOVE it when that happens!
My cousins sent this picture of the morning sunrise over the water down the shore. This pile of rocks, a.k.a. "jetty," is protecting the property from floating away. I have so many good summer memories of this place. I love the water, and added with the sky, its my favorite of all God's creation.
If you click this picture, it will blow up, and you can see the guys crabbing. (I think its Uncle Mark and John John, my cousin.) End of summer + perfect tides + full moon = VERY GOOD CRABBING!

No comments:

Ephesians 3:14-19

"For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height - to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, for ever and ever. Amen."