Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Shawn!

On Saturday, we celebrated Shawn's 38th birthday with a SURPRISE birthday party at his parents house.
Ashley and I did some cleaning and decorating Saturday morning, while Shawn was working at the church. Surprising Shawn was VERY DIFFICULT because... 1. I have the WORST time keeping anything secret from him, 2. He usually figures every/anything out if I do, & 3. He has been home for the past few weeks!
He might have noticed a couple things "out of the ordinary," but all in all, he was pretty surprised!
He enjoyed all the attention & love from his family & friends.
I made his favorite ice cream cake & some taco salad. Audrey did most of the cooking... very sweet! Thank you!
(Left to right) Kimberly, my mom, Irene, Erica, Karen (peeking) and Erin.
Melanie & Jeremy
Scott, Debi, Josh, Mike, and Nick.
THAT IS A LOT OF CANDLES BABY!
The (balloon) football players, Dylan, Nick and Jared.
We played a lot of games... Birthday Bingo, Package Pass, All I want for my Birthday is..., Blind Draw, and Its all about the Birthday Star!
He loved all the Birthday cards and gifts!
A few gifts from those who really LOVE you!
The time together ended with a little whistle and a bit of light!

2 comments:

Jen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWN!!!

You need to tell me more about the games you played... we are throwing a surprise 10th Birthday party for Nathan on Saturday and I would love some new ideas... Are any of them 8-11 year old boy friendly???

P.S. I'll post the tortilla soup recipe soon. :)

Kim said...

Awww... Jen, I wish you and Dave could have been there! I got some game ideas from:
http://www.partygameideas.com/family-games/

http://www.partygamecentral.com/

Happy Birthday Nathan!!!

Ephesians 3:14-19

"For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height - to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, for ever and ever. Amen."